The recent coming and success of several new carmakers in Pakistan has stimulated the interest of a vast number of vehicle companies. In a recent advancement, Skoda Motors has revealed its interest in shifting an automaker manufacture plant in Pakistan.
The Skoda Motors representatives had a meeting with the Pakistani Diplomat in Prague, the Czech Republic on Monday. The meeting was addressed by Christian Seelen the Head of Global Regions for Skoda Motors along with Petr Janeba, Ondřej Cerny Head of Sales Asia, Head of New Markets, Diplomat Muhammad Khalid Jamali, and Hassan Aslam. Head of Czech Pak Business Chambers.
As per our dependable medium, the company delegations reputedly recognized the recent development of the carmaker industry of Pakistan and showed a desirous interest in executing business in the Pakistani market.
About the Company
For the uninformed, Skoda Motors is a Czech vehicle manufacturer founded in 1895 as Laurin & Klement and main office in Mladá Boleslav, Czech Republic. In 1925 Laurin & Klement was gotten by the industrial amalgamation Skoda operates which itself manufactured state-owned in 1948.
After 1991 Skoda was gradually associated with the Volkswagen Audi Group, enhancing a subordinate in 1994 and a wholly-owned subordinate in 2000.
Skoda is one of the most famous carmakers in several parts of the world, with existence in over a hundred countries around the world. Skoda is the second most valuables carmaker in the Volkswagen Audi Group chain of subsidiaries, with Porsche being number one.
Cars Coming to Pakistan
Under the upcoming policy that supports small automaker more, our source imagined that the automaker is probably to debut in Pakistan with two new compact passenger automaker namely the Skoda Kamiq and the Skoda Fabia.
Skoda Kamiq is a B-segment hybridisation SUV that engages in the international markets against the likes of Nissan Juke, Proton X50, Kia Stonic, Honda HR-V, Toyota C-HR, and other crossing SUVs in the market.
The told SUV is provided in adaptation around the world and relying on the market namely such as Kamiq Scout line, Kamiq Monte Carlo, Kamiq G-Tech and Kamiq Clever. All adoptions are provided with various technology features such as a 9″ docutainment system, 10″ virtual cockpit, driver, passenger, side, and net curtain airbags, different driver-support attributes and premium materials along with optional features.
In terms of powertrain, the Kamiq is provided with four engine options, which are as follows below:
- One liter escalated three-cylinder petrol engine that forms ninety-five horsepower and one hundred ninety-five Nm of torque coupled to a five-speed manual gearbox
- One liter escalated three-cylinder that assembles one hundred fifteen horsepower and two hundred of torque paired to a six-speed manual automatic gearbox
- A one point five liters enlarged four-cylinder petrol engine that produces one hundred fifty horsepower and two hundred fifty Nm of torque coupled to a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG mechanized gearbox
- A one point five liters enlarged four-cylinder petrol that creates one hundred fifteen horsepower and two hundred fifty Nm of torque coupled to a five-speed manual computerized gearbox
In India, the Kamiq is imagined to move on sale sometime in 2021, where it will have an initial price of INR one million (PKR 2.11 million). With described features, powertrain, and price, the Kamiq has all the components of a beneficial little SUV in Pakistan.
Skoda Fabia is an intermediate or a B-component family hatchback that engages in the global markets against the likes of Volkswagen Polo, SEAT Ibiza, Renault Clio Ford Fiesta, and other same hatchbacks in the market.
The car is provided with different boosted features like a modern entertainment unit, an all-digital driver’s show, driver, passenger, side, and curtain airbags, various driver-support features, premier objects along a wide mixture of options.
The Fabia is also given four engine options, which are as follows In terms of powertrain:
- A one-liter naturally desired three-cylinder petrol engine that produces seventy-five horsepower and ninety-five Nm of torque coupled to a five-speed manual gearbox
- A two-liter escalated four-cylinder petrol engine that assembles one hundred and ten horsepower and one hundred and seventy-five NM of torque coupled to a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG computerized gearbox
- A one-liter extended four-cylinder petrol engine that manufactures ninety-five horsepower and one hundred and sixty Nm of torque coupled to a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG machined gearbox
- A 1.4-litre extended four-cylinder diesel engine that assembles ninety horsepower and two hundred and thirty Nm of torque coupled to a five-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG automated gearbox
The 2022 Skoda Fabia is yet to be initiated in India, where it is supposed to have a beginning price of just INR 700,000 (PKR 1.48 million). Gifted that such a low price for the Pakistani market is extremely improbable but with the led features and production, the Fabia is definitely an enthralling product, although in a marginally higher price range.
The possible entrant of Skoda could be an enormous establishment for the Pakistani motor vehicle market, as the brand is known to manufacture automakers with unusual assemble standards, comfort and dependability.
Skoda’s products not only have a happen to make popular among the users – provided the right marketing and pricing planning – but would also urge the managing automakers in Pakistan to raise their quality standards to continue with the new appearance.