Mountain View, California. & DALLAS, November 17, 2022 – H2O.ai, the leader in cloud AI, today released updates to its first-of-its-kind AI Feature Store, an integrated online computing and storage platform that gives AT&T data scientists a unified and trusted feature source. reusable which are the building blocks for machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI).
AT&T and H2O.ai Co-Create The platform was deployed in AT&T’s Chief Data Office (CDO) and then across AT&T last year. AT&T estimates that the AI Feature Store has improved speed to market by up to 70%.
He said “The Feature Store is an ideal platform for making our AI capabilities reusable and accessible to data scientists and citizen developers alike, and has helped embed AI into the fabric of our business.” Andy MarcusChief Data Officer at AT&T.
The announcement was made during H2O World, H2O.ai’s flagship conference, at AT&T headquarters in Dallas, Texas. The event featured global speakers including:
- Shri AmbatiCEO and Founder of H2O.ai
- Andy Marcuschief data officer of AT&T
- Mark AustinVice President of Data Science, AT&T
- Jenny StephenHi-V
- Jeremy ElsterChipotle Mexican Grill
- Sean OttoAES Corporation
- Dan RubinsteinPrinceton University
- Cash BattleHackensack Meridian Health
- kramjit SinghMasterCard, Credit Card
- Jolin Huang gut instinct
- Fred GoldsteinAccountable Health, LLC
- Over a dozen Kaggle Grandmasters (the world’s community of best machine learning practitioners and data scientists)
The fully managed AI Feature Store platform allows users to enroll, store, update, discover, use, and share within highly curated, authenticated, and model-ready AT&T historical and real-time features (attributes derived from raw data that predict an outcome such as disruption, purchase probability, expected demand, etc.) Collected from across AT&T.
Conventional wisdom suggests that data scientists and machine learning (ML) experts spend about 80% of their time creating, preparing, and classifying data. This leaves only 20% of their time for the important tasks of analyzing and interacting with data to solve real-world business problems. The AI feature store reverses this time collapse.
In its first year of launch, the co-developed AI Feature Store addressed the complexity of data quality requirements by providing a central repository that bridges information across disparate systems to bring all of an enterprise’s data assets together in one place. The AI Feature Store plays a key role in AI governance by ensuring that the right kind of data is only accessible to the right people and taking care of sensitive data such as PII or SPI with encryption, data masking and other technologies.
“The offshore version we developed with H2O.ai can help other companies embark on their own AI transformations, even as the challenges they face accelerate,” Marcus said. Accelerating speed to market gives AT&T some of the most advanced AI and CDO departments in the entire country. The team was awarded first place by H2O.ai during the conference, which indicated their strong AI programme.
said Sri Ambati, CEO and Founder of H2O.ai. “Our drive to enable transformation is at the heart of our mission at H2O.ai – we are here to connect the world and democratize AI across organizations so it can have a positive impact on society.”
H2O.ai is a leading AI cloud company, on a mission to democratize AI and lead the worldwide open AI movement. They focus on extracting insights from structured and unstructured data such as video and documents through their award-winning products such as Hydrogen Torch and Document AI. Customers use H2O AI Cloud to quickly solve complex business problems and accelerate the discovery of new ideas. H2O.ai is the trusted AI provider for more than 20,000 global organizations, millions of data scientists and more than half of the Fortune 500, including AT&T, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Citi, GlaxoSmithKline, Hitachi, Kaiser Permanente, and Procter & Gamble, PayPal, PwC, Reckitt, Unilever, Goldman Sachs, NVIDIA, and Wells Fargo are not only customers and partners, they are strategic investors in the company. Over 30 Kaggle Grandmasters (the world’s community of best machine learning practitioners and data scientists) are the makers of H2O.ai. Strong AI for a good spirit to make the world a better place and responsible AI driving the company’s purpose. Please join our movement at www.h2o.ai.